Skip to main content

Whole 30 :: Week 3 :: Meals

We just wrapped up Week 3 of our Whole 30, and I'm so proud of us! We have stuck to it, even during social engagements, and with peer pressure. This week was extra rough, because I signed up to provide baked goods for the sports camp our church hosts each year. I did mini-muffins one day and snickerdoodle cookies a second day. Oh man did they smell yummy! I didn't taste test even one. I left the 2 year old in charge of that, which she was definitely okay with!
Here's what Week 3 meals looked like for us...







DAY 15
Breakfast: Fruit bowl with pear, apple, banana, blueberries, chopped almonds, and almond butter.
Lunch: Sirloin patty topped with Primal Kitchen Whole 30 Approved Mayo, hard boiled egg, and cucumber slices on a bed of spinach.
Dinner: Shrimp & zucchini (picked fresh from our garden!) sautéed in coconut oil, garlic, and pepper over cauliflower rice.

DAY 16
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with Whole 30 Approved turkey deli meat that I found at Costco.
Lunch: Sirloin patty topped with a fried egg, cucumber chips, and half of an avocado.
Dinner: Ground turkey with crushed pineapple, sweet potatoes, and mango-avocado salsa on top of spinach. Here is the recipe that inspired this.





DAY 17
Breakfast: Fruit bowl with banana, peach, blueberries, chopped cashews, and almond butter.
Lunch: Ground turkey with pineapple leftover from Day 16 over spinach.
Dinner: Shredded chicken breast seasoned with taco seasonings (I read the back of a pre-done seasoning pack and added everything but the sugar.), black olives and Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo, on top of romaine lettuce.

DAY 18
Breakfast: Fruit bowl with banana, peach, green grapes, blueberries, and chopped almonds.
Lunch: Spinach topped with shredded taco chicken from Day 17, black olives, and Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo.
Dinner: Peppers stuffed with ground turkey, yams, and homemade salsa. Inspired by this recipe.







DAY 19
Breakfast: Fruit bowl with banana, peach, blueberries and almond butter we found at Costco!
Lunch: Organic turkey breast (from Costco!), cucumber spears, hard boiled egg, and Primal Kitchen Mayo wrapped in romaine lettuce.
Dinner: Leftover stuffed pepper with mango-avocado salsa from Day18.

DAY 20
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and yam with peach slices as a side.
Lunch: A bed of spinach, topped with the leftover pepper stuffing from Day 18.
Dinner: Pulled pork (from Costco!) on top of romaine lettuce, with yellow mustard to top it off.

DAY 21
Breakfast: Fruit bowl with banana, mango, pear, blueberries, chopped cashews, and almond butter.
Lunch: We hosted friends and family to celebrate our Parent-Child Commitment of little #2 at church. I had a burger patty with lettuce "bun" :)
Dinner: Romaine lettuce topped with pulled pork leftover from Day 20. I tried tahini sauce on top, but it wasn't that good, so I went back to yellow mustard :)

**If you want to see food inspiration daily, be sure to follow our journey on Instagram at AWALKWITHTHEWALKERS.**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're teeing it up with a third!

On August 16th, 2013, we announced to all of our Facebook friends, that we are expecting our first child!  We couldn't be more excited!  If I'm being completely honest though, I am mildly terrified as well.  I'm not that "let's just see what happens" kind of gal.  I'm a planner.  I'm an observational learner.  I'm a realist.  I know that babies aren't all cooing and cuddlie with those cute faces moms catch in photos.  Don't get me wrong, they are those things, but they are also screaming without words (so you have no idea what they need), poop that escapes their diaper & goes halfway up their torso, & sleepless nights.  I think that's part of the reason we waited so long to try and conceive.  Babies are a whirlwind of change, and I needed to wait until I was old enough to except that challenge.  I know that some moms will see this and say, "It's different when they're your own child," or, "The screami

American Foursquare Renovation Before & After

Growing up, I attended private school in North Tacoma and completely romanticized the area. It has gorgeous views, amazing architecture, and just that classy old world charm. Fast forward to when I was in college and met my husband. I told him about all of the loveliness that North Tacoma offered, and aside from agreeing to get married there, he just didn't see it. When I said "North Tacoma," he saw "South Tacoma." For anyone that knows those two areas, they couldn't differ more. Over the past 10+ years, I have tried to win him over. Well guess what, I finally did! Together, with an investor, he snagged up this gem before I ever saw it. And when I walked in for the first time, I was all heart eyes. A classic American Foursquare, with that great foyer and staircase. Beautiful hardwoods throughout, and just charming. Obviously I was looking through my rose colored glasses, because even though the bones were great, she definitely needed a little sparkle and s

Baby Genius...

These are not my words. We do not personally call our daughter a "Baby Genius." To us, she is just our spunky one and a half year old that has brightened up this journey we call life. She is awesome, and we feel so blessed to be her parents. Other people. Other people have called her a "Baby Genius," and have asked what we've done to make her so smart. We are happy to share our daily routines and habits with you, but let's be real, each one of us is "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14), and that looks so different in each of our lives. Some of us are verbal communicators, some of us are physical communicators, some of us just plain don't like to communicate, and that goes for babies too. So, I will share with you what our life looks like right now, but please hear that I am not saying this is the perfect way, the best way, or the only way. We don't have any special credentials or degrees.What I am saying, is that this is our firs