Skip to main content

Thirty Before I'm 30


The other day I was on the way home from work, and I have no idea where the thought came from, but I got this grand idea that I should make a list of thirty things I want to do before I'm 30.  I have lots of great ideas that pop into my mind pretty regularly that I just let got to the wayside, but I think there are some great reasons to make a list such as this.  1. A list helps you to identify goals. 2. This list will help to get me out of my comfort zone.  3. Reading it will remind me of things I want to do, when someone says, "What should we do tonight?" So, here's the list...


Thirty Things to do Before I'm 30
1. Break 100 on the golf course
2. Run a 5k
3. Pray with someone to accept Jesus for the first time.
4. Go to Europe (Lots of history there!)
5. Read my Bible cover to cover
6. Shoot a gun
7. Attend a hockey game
8. Go snow shoeing
9. Go to Leavenworth
10. Host a charity event
11. Overnight backpacking trip
12. Wakeboard/Surfboard
13. Indoor Skydiving
14. Have dinner at Palisade
15. Kiss my husband every day
16. Wear everything in my closet at least once. (Not at once :))
17. Go on a mission trip.
18. Do 20 push-ups on my toes. (I can do 3 so far!)
19. Go berry picking & make a treat
20. Plan and host an awesome 1st birthday for Miss Kennedie!
21. Ride the Sounder Train.
22. Attend a Sounders game.
23. Take a photography class.
24. Consider having a baby. (This is for everyone that made the suggestion on Facebook :))
25. Be an extra in a movie. 
26. Try Zumba
27. Visit North Dakota
28. Play bingo at B.J.'s
29. 1 random act of kindness per month.
30. Eat a bacon covered maple bar. (Combo of salty & sweet, I can't wait!)

Okay friends and family, now that you know the list, I expect your participation and help!  As of 4 days ago, we only have 18 months to complete it.  Memory lane, here we come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're teeing it up with a third!

On August 16th, 2013, we announced to all of our Facebook friends, that we are expecting our first child!  We couldn't be more excited!  If I'm being completely honest though, I am mildly terrified as well.  I'm not that "let's just see what happens" kind of gal.  I'm a planner.  I'm an observational learner.  I'm a realist.  I know that babies aren't all cooing and cuddlie with those cute faces moms catch in photos.  Don't get me wrong, they are those things, but they are also screaming without words (so you have no idea what they need), poop that escapes their diaper & goes halfway up their torso, & sleepless nights.  I think that's part of the reason we waited so long to try and conceive.  Babies are a whirlwind of change, and I needed to wait until I was old enough to except that challenge.  I know that some moms will see this and say, "It's different when they're your own child," or, "The screami

American Foursquare Renovation Before & After

Growing up, I attended private school in North Tacoma and completely romanticized the area. It has gorgeous views, amazing architecture, and just that classy old world charm. Fast forward to when I was in college and met my husband. I told him about all of the loveliness that North Tacoma offered, and aside from agreeing to get married there, he just didn't see it. When I said "North Tacoma," he saw "South Tacoma." For anyone that knows those two areas, they couldn't differ more. Over the past 10+ years, I have tried to win him over. Well guess what, I finally did! Together, with an investor, he snagged up this gem before I ever saw it. And when I walked in for the first time, I was all heart eyes. A classic American Foursquare, with that great foyer and staircase. Beautiful hardwoods throughout, and just charming. Obviously I was looking through my rose colored glasses, because even though the bones were great, she definitely needed a little sparkle and s

Baby Genius...

These are not my words. We do not personally call our daughter a "Baby Genius." To us, she is just our spunky one and a half year old that has brightened up this journey we call life. She is awesome, and we feel so blessed to be her parents. Other people. Other people have called her a "Baby Genius," and have asked what we've done to make her so smart. We are happy to share our daily routines and habits with you, but let's be real, each one of us is "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14), and that looks so different in each of our lives. Some of us are verbal communicators, some of us are physical communicators, some of us just plain don't like to communicate, and that goes for babies too. So, I will share with you what our life looks like right now, but please hear that I am not saying this is the perfect way, the best way, or the only way. We don't have any special credentials or degrees.What I am saying, is that this is our firs